As the RankUp podcast reaches double figures, we welcome Ian Humphreys back for his Knowledge Panel interview.
With over 10 years of agency experience behind him, Ian has recently started developing Impression’s site migration offering. Site migrations can be huge projects that have a major impact on organic performance, and most SEOs will have to work through them at some point. It was the perfect topic to get Ian’s thoughts on.
Over the course of Ian’s interview, we cover questions like:
- What do we mean by ‘site migration’?
- When would you recommend (or not recommend) a site migration?
- How do you manage your involvement in the project and communication between different parties?
- What are some of the common SEO pitfalls to watch out for?
- What do you do if your site has a drop in rankings following a migration?
Ian speaks on all those topics and more in an interview that we think SEOs across all industries and backgrounds will find really helpful.
We also recommend looking out for more site migration material from Ian, who’s been working on a project migration template that anyone can use.
We’re excited to say that our first external guest will be appearing on the podcast next month! Look out for Kevin Kapezi of Experian, who’ll be talking to us about in-house B2B SEO.