The current advice for people wanting to invest in content is hugely varied and in terms of measurement, it is a minefield. Content marketers are currently picking and choosing how to measure each content piece respectively.
Content KPIs don’t actually exist. Its purpose is to heighten the performance of a different marketing channel, as it is a tactic to boost certain aspects of digital marketing.
Keyword volume tells you the numbers for every brand out there. Is this the same for all businesses? No.
- Foundation: Understand user intent and the consumer journey.
- SERP analysis: What is ranking currently, not just in terms of volume.
- Featured snippet targeting and people also ask boxes.
- Create better content and optimised pages than what already exists.
- Questions: Answer these questions about how much traffic is needed, how feasible the SEO opportunity is and how many links are needed.
This post is one of 27 in our Brighton SEO 2017 collection
- Brighton SEO: Rebecca Brown – Why you should scrap your content budget line
- Brighton SEO: Fili Wiese – Link building 2018
- Brighton SEO: Sophie Coley – Answering the Public
- Brighton SEO: Stacey MacNaught – Advanced Keyword Research
- Brighton SEO: Duane Forrester – Markup, User Driven Change and Your Future
- Brighton SEO: A Different Perspective on Ranking Factors, Jo Turnbull and Daniel Furch
- Brighton SEO: Christoph Cemper, How to Grow Traffic by 500%
- SMX London: Harnessing The Power Of Online Reviews – Ben Roberts
- BrightonSEO: Samantha Noble on How To Use Paid Media To Increase The Lifetime Value Of A Customer
- BrightonSEO: Arianne Donoghu – Moving Towards Audiences in a Keyword-Based World
- BrightonSEO: Sam Charles – How to incentivise bloggers without spending money
- BrightonSEO: Charlie Williams – Shop it like it’s hot; Ecommerce content that’s worth a damn
- BrightonSEO: Julia Ogden’s 10 step checklist for a show stopping distribution plan
- BrightonSEO: Sean Butcher – So You Think You Know Canonical Tags?
- BrightonSEO: Marcus Tober – Why SEO and Content Marketing must always be data-driven
- Brighton SEO: Alexandra Lever – How partnerships and sponsorships can help your search marketing efforts
- BrightonSEO: Raj Nijjer – AI and Structured Data: How voice search raises the stakes for businesses
- Brighton SEO – Advanced Local SEO Tips to Help You Murder Your Competitors – Greg Gifford
- BrightonSEO: Tony Lu – How real time dashboards can help you make better decisions
- Al Wightman – How can Google Data Studio help me? Brighton SEO 2017
- BrightonSEO 2017: The Future Of Search – @PurnaVirji talks us through a Keywordless world
- BrightonSEO: Philip Gamble on Technical SEO beyond the initial audit
- BrightonSEO: Sophie Turton – The Psychology of Language for PPC
- BrightonSEO: Marco Volpe On How To Create Your Own Dynamic Remarketing
- BrightonSEO: Sam Vandermark – Looking Beyond Paid Search For Better Biddable Results
- BrightonSEO: Claudia Higgins – Getting the most out of the SEO data you can get for free
- BrightonSEO: Lotty Chudley – Persuading Consumers to Part with Their Cash: Tips & Tricks for Conversion