Impression worked “outside of the box”, implementing a strategy which sits outside of conventional SEO. With a strong focus on technical SEO, innovation and creativity, Impression has been able to implement bespoke data driven solutions, resulting in significant organic traffic growth for EMIS.
Our strategy focused on 3 core areas;
CONTENT QUALITY & AUTOMATION
- In order to resolve thin and duplicate content issues across millions of company profile and industry report pages we needed to devise a way of generating content that had enough inherent variance to avoid duplication.
- We achieved this via an automated sentence generation system which utilised company variables such as name, country and turnover alongside dynamically generated unique copy.
SEARCH ENGINE CRAWLER EFFICIENCIES
- Given the sheer scale of the EMIS site, we needed to ensure that the site was easy for search engines to crawl, discover and index the most valuable content.
- We provided an in-depth audit to highlight current issues which were hindering the crawl efficiency of the domain, whilst setting out clear recommendations to resolve these issues
PROVIDING BESPOKE SOLUTIONS
- Bespoke indexing and sitemap reporting
In order to identify poor performing areas of the store we created a sitemap hierarchy that reflected both the categorisation of company profiles by country and content quality – a system developed by Impression to grade content quality per country sitemap and ensure strategic submission of URLs to Google’s index. Impression then created a bespoke sitemap and indexing report to provide detailed index coverage information for over 7 million URLs.
- Bespoke crawl software innovations
As the site was over 6,000,000 URLs there was no feasible way to completely crawl the domain via traditional cloud crawling tools. We therefore crawled the domain using a bespoke set up of the Screaming Frog SEO Spider.