JC Connington, Senior SEO & Search Strategist at Cancer Research UK, joined us to discuss the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on SEO.
JC has one of the most varied SEO jobs imaginable, working in-house for the UK’s largest charity and overseeing countless different SEO initiatives as varied as event visibility, ecommerce SEO, medical content and more. As such, he’s one of the best people to talk to about the impact that COVID-19 is having across the SEO industry, sharing insights from the challenges that he has come up against since March.
- How COVID is changing search results & Google’s influence over what is shown.
- Changes in search intent & user behaviour.
- Changes in the SERP features that users see.
- Ways to respond to the pandemic and how to be reactive during a difficult time.
- Integrating SEO with the goals of the wider company at a time when many departments are struggling.
- Core Web Vitals – see Edd’s recent study for global publications.
Next time we’ll be shifting gears to talk technical Python with Ruth Everett from Deepcrawl – an episode that Edd has been keen to run for some time now! We hope you’ll join us again in a couple of weeks.