Google has recently introduced a new ad extension designed to capture customer information with ease. Follow these simple steps below to create a lead form extension in your Google Ads account.
Step 1 – Create your extension
Choose your call to action from the list below and make sure to include relevant ad extension text.
Step 2 – Create your lead form
To create your lead form you will need to the following information:
- Headline (30 characters) – A short and snappy bit of text that could be used to promote a unique business selling point.
- Business name – Pretty simple this one!
- Description (200 characters) – Now is your chance to go slightly more in-depth with what you offer and why the potential customer should get in touch.
- What information do you want to ask for – You have a choice to ask for the users: name, email, phone number and postcode. You don’t have to choose all four options here, just the information that you need.
- Background image – A logo works well here.
Once you have all this information in, you will have created something like this.
Step 3 – Create a form submission message
This is a great chance to add a personal touch and let the user know when to expect a response.
Bonus Step – Manage your leads with a webhook (optional)
Google gives you the option to manage all your leads through the use of a webhook. All you need to do is provide a Webhook URL and key. Make sure you ‘send test data’ to ensure everything is set up correctly!
We’re very excited to test lead form ad extensions to improve our client’s performance. To find out how we could help your business, or to discuss your existing campaigns and how we can improve them, get in touch today.