Jo opens with a look back on what SEO used to be like. Poor quality link building and over optimisation was a short term gain, until Google got its penalty on!
Today, it’s all about putting the user at the centre of our work.
Daniel talked about the Search Metrics ranking report. Having run the report for five years, they see clear trends in ranking factors. But with so many people asking them what those ranking factors were – to which they’d respond “your mum is a ranking factor!”.
By this, they mean that the user is a ranking factor. We need to be emphasising tailored content that’s not one size fits all.
What does this mean?
We need to think about our user in all we do.
Splitting your keywords by intent will help you craft relevant content.
This post is one of 25 in our Brighton SEO 2017 collection
- Brighton SEO: Rebecca Brown – Why you should scrap your content budget line
- Brighton SEO: Fili Wiese – Link building 2018
- Brighton SEO: Sophie Coley – Answering the Public
- Brighton SEO: Stacey MacNaught – Advanced Keyword Research
- Brighton SEO: Duane Forrester – Markup, User Driven Change and Your Future
- Brighton SEO: A Different Perspective on Ranking Factors, Jo Turnbull and Daniel Furch
- Brighton SEO: Christoph Cemper, How to Grow Traffic by 500%
- SMX London: Harnessing The Power Of Online Reviews – Ben Roberts
- BrightonSEO: Samantha Noble on How To Use Paid Media To Increase The Lifetime Value Of A Customer
- BrightonSEO: Arianne Donoghu – Moving Towards Audiences in a Keyword-Based World
- BrightonSEO: Sam Charles – How to incentivise bloggers without spending money
- BrightonSEO: Charlie Williams – Shop it like it’s hot; Ecommerce content that’s worth a damn
- BrightonSEO: Julia Ogden’s 10 step checklist for a show stopping distribution plan
- BrightonSEO: Sean Butcher – So You Think You Know Canonical Tags?
- BrightonSEO: Marcus Tober – Why SEO and Content Marketing must always be data-driven
- Brighton SEO: Alexandra Lever – How partnerships and sponsorships can help your search marketing efforts
- BrightonSEO: Raj Nijjer – AI and Structured Data: How voice search raises the stakes for businesses
- Brighton SEO – Advanced Local SEO Tips to Help You Murder Your Competitors – Greg Gifford
- BrightonSEO: Tony Lu – How real time dashboards can help you make better decisions
- Al Wightman – How can Google Data Studio help me? Brighton SEO 2017
- BrightonSEO 2017: The Future Of Search – @PurnaVirji talks us through a Keywordless world
- BrightonSEO: Philip Gamble on Technical SEO beyond the initial audit
- BrightonSEO: Sophie Turton – The Psychology of Language for PPC
- BrightonSEO: Marco Volpe On How To Create Your Own Dynamic Remarketing
- BrightonSEO: Sam Vandermark – Looking Beyond Paid Search For Better Biddable Results