Right now, I’m alone in the Impression office. A number of my colleagues are on annual leave for Glastonbury, so I’m guessing that, right now, they’re sat in traffic with thousands of other people.
But give it a couple of hours, and the updates will begin. Photos of the campsite, videos of the music, random chatter about what a fantastic event it is… basically, a whole bunch of stuff to make me a tad jealous that they’re there and I’m not.
If you’re also facing a couple of days of jealousy-inducing content from colleagues and friends, worry not! I’ve pulled together 26 of my favourite things from around the web to entertain, inform and help keep you away from the Glasto-filled Facebook feed. Enjoy!
13 conference write ups
June isn’t just festival season; it also seems to be conference season! We’ve enjoyed not one but TWO awesome conferences this month. Here are some of our favourite session write ups from Outreach Conference and Search Leeds:
- How to perfect your email pitch – Outreach Conference
- Getting the biggest linking coverage in the hardest markets – Outreach Conference
- Using data to supercharge your outreach efforts – Outreach Conference
- The power of language in the clickbait age – Outreach Conference
- Search listening: using Google data – Search Leeds
- AI in paid media – Search Leeds
- Content marketing frameworks that will get you paid more – Search Leeds
- Machine learning for SEOs – Search Leeds
- Overcoming technical SEO challenges – Search Leeds
- Why most SEO audits are sh*t – Search Leeds
- Intent optimisation – Search Leeds
- Featured snippets are achievable – Search Leeds
7 cool new things to try / consider
Here are some of the cool things we’ve been talking about at Impression HQ this month:
- Google’s natural language processing API
- Phrase match modifiers for PPC
- Facebook’s video creation kit
- Discussing the impact of FAQ schema
- Rand strikes fear into the heart of SEOs… and he may have a point
- Favicons (oldies but goodies, right?)
- Is Google poised to shake up real estate SEO?
5 campaigns that inspired our PR team
PR is all about creative thinking combined with a deep understanding of what content travels well; we regularly share our favourite campaigns from around the web – here are some of our faves this month:
- Virtual Flam – it’s not new, but with video continuing to grow in popularity, it’s a great example of the power of cool visuals
- The Toilet Study – we don’t know why this exists, but we’re glad it does
- People Map of the UK – simple but effective
- Is Your City EV Ready? – data driven news (one of our campaigns)
- ePassport Delays – national coverage, bad news for beards (another of our campaigns)
1 cracking bit of news for the Impression team…
OK, so maybe this isn’t quite as ‘useful’ as the rest of the links shared here, but hopefully it is interesting and maybe even a bit inspirational…
Last week, Impression won TWO awards at the European Search Awards. One was for Best Use of PR in a Search Campaign, in recognition of that time we named a worm after a US president and achieved global coverage and massive ranking increases. The other was for Best SEO Campaign in the Health Sector in recognition of outstanding ranking, traffic and revenue increases in the highly competitive eyewear industry.
So there you have it! 26 things to read while you avoid Glastonbury updates. Have we missed anything here? Feel free to share your own interesting news, updates, thoughts and advice in the comments below.